Make a super cute winter ornament with some of the extra materials from your Knowledge Crate!
- Sparkly snowflake from the inner packaging
- Bonus art materials (foam snowflake stickers)
- Play dough cap (we used old ones from previous Crates)
- Glue (regular and hot)
- A photo of your kiddo (could also have them do a wintry drawing instead if you don't have a photo handy!)
- Yarn, thread, or twine to hang
- Gather materials.
- Cut the photo in a circle (I traced the play dough cap on top of the picture, then cut inside where I traced to make it fit the inside of the cap).
- Plug in the glue gun (you'll need to do the final step of gluing the cap to the plastic snowflake).
- First, have the kids use the school glue to glue their photo inside the top of the cap.
- Next, have them decorate the cap with the foam snowflakes from the Bonus Art Materials. (Removing the backing themselves keeps those little fingers busy and building fine motor skills!)
- Have your child thread the string through a snowflake point and help them tie a knot.
- Parent: Use the hot glue to attach the play dough cap to the glittery plastic snowflake.
- Hang in a window to enjoy all season long, and save as a keepsake to decorate with every winter!
~ Elizabeth Guerrero @schoolofchildhood